Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You just never know

Today we found out that Alexis and Joseph's Dad in California has leukemia. Wow. His wife called and I knew he had been bitten by a brown recluse spider several weeks ago so I figured she was going to say he was in the hospital because of issues from that. Then she said the word Leukemia. I was shocked.

My ex husband and I don't have a lot of interaction with one another anymore. Any that we do pertains to the kids. So I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I felt really weird because I was upset. Then all I could think of was, "Oh my god, I have to tell the kids this. Me. This is my job, my responsibility to tell them". That upset me. That made me cry. To have to tell something so heart wrenching is unbelievable.

Right now they are handling it fine. Allsion, their step mom got them tickets to fly down on Friday and they will stay with her and the little ones so they can spend some time with their brother and sisters too.

It is so scary how you just never know when something like this is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment